MSELECT is looking to hire an HR Coordinator for an international energy services client in Baghdad, candidates must have at least 3 years of experience in generalist HR roles and solid understanding in Iraqi labor law and tax regulations, fluency in English and Arabic is a must.
Purpose of the role
The primary purpose of this role is to act as the main HR resource to the Aviation fueling business. The role holder will work very closely with the HR Manager in delivering and executing the people agenda, and to ensure coordinated delivery of high-quality support for this population, while ensuring alignment and compliance of both company polices and local rules and regulations.
The role is responsible for supporting the HR Manager in all aspects of the HR agenda and in the delivery of all HR activities and operational services to the Aviation fueling business.
The role holder will be the primary point of contact for the business particularly for day to day issues and will be responsible for resolving less complex issues and provide support to the HR Manager through supporting the implementation of HR strategy and processes, policies and procedures in alignment with company and local requirements.
The role holder will be required to support in any people plan projects and HR ad-hoc activities within the Aviation refueling.
- Deliver reliable, compliant and secure HR operations to the business
- Deliver HR advisory support to facilitate resolution of everyday employee queries
- Perform and process the standard HR related requests from employees.
- Manage administration related to leave, attendance and shift patterns.
- Maintain and manage accurate and timely data and employee records
- Coach employees on the use of time and attendance to ensure working hours and time are accurately logged.
- Administer payroll updates on a monthly basis to ensure accurate and timely payments
- Handle employee insurance procedures and ensure compliance with the Income tax
- Manage employee exits and final settlements
- Provide insights through data analysis
- Support local compliance activities as required
- Support HR processes / projects with accurate data analytics
- Manage full cycle of recruitment including on-boarding in conformance with company standards
- Maintain the role requirements for new jobs / replacement and any organizational changes
- Source candidates through various channels and means, and ensure theses are effective for sourcing suitable candidates.
- Support as required in the shortlisting of applicants and in line with the agreed criteria and job requirements.
- Manage the interview logistics and support in the interview structure / script.
- Take part in assessment of candidates where appropriate (interview and tests)
- Manage the pre-joining arrangement for new joiners and conduct the HR Induction
- Contribute to a high performing culture through aligned Performance Management and Reward framework
- Administer the probationary period assessment and support line manager in the process.
- Support the annual performance management process, specifically related to data and tracking
- Support the annual pay review process specifically related to data cleanse and tracking
- Advise managers on how to hold quality performance conversations
- Advise managers on how to recognise and motivate employees in alignment with the company policies
Learning & Development
- Support in enabling employees build the capabilities that the business values and requires
- Support managers in identifying the learning priorities
- Ensure employees are utilizing the leaning and development resources available.
- Manage administration and logistics to support delivery of any locally run learning programmes
- Support in in any development activities or change programmes
- Ensure health, safety and duty of care for the employees
- Stay up to date with the external legal context and monitor internal signals to resolve or pre-empt employee relation issues. Provide advise on appropriate actions/ interventions on people issues.
- Coach employees on HR policies and processes and provide direction and advice in the application of such policies and practices in a consistent, fair and reasonable manner.
- Support managers in managing disciplinary cases for less complex people cases. Drive robust and fair process.
- Support where required in resolution of employee conflicts and concerns
- Ensure employees are aware and well versed of the consequences of non-compliance / violation.
- Support HR crisis and continuity management activity as required.
- Promote and strengthen the company’s Code of Conduct and values
- Actively promote the HSSE agenda and ensure HSSE requirements are represented in the application of the HR processes.
- Drive employee engagement and promote open communications
- Promote and drive the understanding and adherence to company values and behaviors
HSSE Accountabilities – for all employees
- Report hazards and injuries to line manager
- Adhere to all policies and procedures aimed at protecting health and safety
- Use equipment in a safe and proper manner
- Respond to any reasonable instruction the line manager gives in relation to health and safety at work
- Ensure appropriate housekeeping and tidiness of work areas
- Demonstrate commitment to health and safety through participation in formal and information discussions, workplace hazard inspections and audits where required
- Participate where required in the resolution of health and safety issues
Qualifications and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related study.
- At least 3 years of experience in generalist HR roles
- Sound knowledge of the Iraq Labour Law
- Solid understanding of Iraqi tax regulations
- Fluent in Arabic
- Strong relationship building and coaching skills
- Strong influencing skills to engage with, persuade and influence all levels of the organization with credibility and respect
- Strong Communication skills – oral & written
- Fluency in English language
- Ability to work towards agreed targets within minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to generate data to provide insights / assimilate data and information from a range of sources
- Ability to apply judgment and common sense- able to use insight and good judgement to inform actions taken and respond to situations as they arise.
- High level of motivation and energy with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Working knowledge in computer preferably Microsoft office applications.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process