MSELECT is hiring a Planning and Scheduling Engineer for an international oil and gas service client in Erbil. Candidates must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in planning & scheduling for Oil & Gas projects and be fluent in English and Kurdish.
Department, Section, Team
Directorate for Capital Construction, Pre-production Section
Stream / Function
- Project Management of Contractors and Consultants Schedule for Projects of Directorate for Capital Construction
Management of the construction and repair / rectification Project Schedules of the Directorate for Capital Construction and flag up variances beyond permissible limits.
The Planning Engineer shall be reporting to Head of Pre-production Service and will not have any reportees. He/She is appointed and dismissed from his/her position by the decision of the Operating Director in agreement with Director for Capital Construction and Chief Engineer.
- Planning and review of Contractors schedule for the various Projects under Directorate for Capital Construction.
- Identify critical path items and report delays beyond 3 days.
- Monitor, Verify and Track the Project progress as per approved Baseline Schedule. Report variances as per tolerances and allowances mentioned in the Normative documents.
- Incorporate schedule variances, revisions etc after they are approved.
- Identify and report schedule variances for Weekly Management report.
- Project Progress Management – Assessment and Measurement 40%
- Project Risk Management (Identification and Mitigation) 30%
- Project delivery on time 30%
- Procurement, Tenders and Contracts, HSE Directorates of the Company;
- With Consultants, Contractors, Suppliers and other service providers within the scope of contracts.
Regulation of Activities
- Applicable Legislation of the Kurdistan Region and the Republic of Iraq;
- Company Internal Normative Documents related to the assigned Business area;
- Occupational Health and Safety requirements and Fire Safety requirements;
- Regulations of the Directorate for Capital Construction;
Other Job Requirements
- University degree.
- Proficient in the use of Project Planning and Scheduling software like MS Project, Primavera, Gantt charts etc.
- Experienced in the planning and scheduling of multidisciplinary Oil & Gas construction projects.
- Strong practical knowledge of Project planning, management and implementation of Oil & Gas pipeline construction projects;
- Ability to handle multiple Projects in a fast-paced construction environment.
- Knowledge of assessing & determining project progress at Site.
- English fluent;
- Kurdish desirable;
- Russian will be an added advantage.
- Min. 10-years’ experience in planning & scheduling of Oil & Gas projects out of which at least 5 years in multi-disciplinary construction projects;
- Ability to perform in a multi-cultural / multi-national work environment.
- Experience in Quantity Surveying would be an advantage.
- Highly proficient in MS Office and MS Projects, Primavera etc.
- Skilled in using offsite Project Scheduling and Reporting tools and techniques.
Degree of mobility
- Regular travel to the construction sites and operational facilities of the Company.
- Minimal international travel. Domestic business travels;
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process