MSELECT is looking to hire a Project Scheduler for an international oil and gas operator in Dubai. Candidates must have more than 10 years’ experience in detailed construction project scheduling within an Oil & Gas brownfields operating environment and be fluent in English.
- Dubai office
- Project Services Manager
Direct report from
- Engineers, Project Controllers, Project Construction Staff
- Head of Projects, Project Services Manager, Project Managers, Project Engineers, Project Construction Managers and Construction contractors
The Company has established an Oracle Primavera P6 Enterprise Planning and Project Management (EPPM) system across all of its Business Units that integrates key activities between the Drilling, Operations, Maintenance and Projects/Construction departments.
The Projects Department is responsible for the delivery of new capital projects, predominately within a brownfields operating environment.
The Company has identified a requirement within the Projects Department for a site base Project Scheduler who will develop, monitor and control project construction schedules at level 3 and 4, manage and report on critical interface milestones and completion dates that impact other Departments and Stakeholders.
The Project Scheduler’s key objective will be to source, review and integrate the contractor’s construction schedules (EPC, Supply & Install, Supply & Supervise, etc.) at the time of award and assist the Project Managers in establishing and approving the contractors baseline schedule.
The site construction schedules are incorporated into the Company’s EPPM master schedule in sufficient detail necessary to monitor, report and control the site construction works against the approved schedule baseline. Any key interfaces to other departments, including shutdown co-ordination and or production deferments, are to be highlighted and the appropriate relationships established between the project schedules and the Business Unit’s management plans.
The Project Scheduler will also implement project and contractor control reports including progress S-Curves, resource plans etc.
The Project Scheduler will expedite and audit the weekly physical construction progress for each project and contractor, update the EPPM master project schedules, track delivery dates for materials and equipment, advise of any inter-department interface issues and recommend any corrective actions required to mitigate delays or recover lost time.
The Project Scheduler will co-ordinate with the site teams to prepare and issue the consolidated weekly site construction report for all active construction projects.
- Expedite the submittal of the contractor’s construction schedule as required under the contract.
- Review the contract at award and the submitted contractor’s schedules are aligned and that the scope is adequately covered, identifying any interfaces, battery limit gaps or overlaps with other contractors or stakeholders.
- Identify all major milestones in the contractor’s schedule and establish interfaces between other projects, contractors and other departments, especially where there are impacts to maintenance or production.
- Together with the Project Manager, review and approve the construction schedule and establish the contract baseline.
- Prepare and agree a basis for contract progress measurement with the contractor and establish a method of reporting weekly progress. For minor contracts or where the contractor’s capability is lacking, this task is to be completed by the Project Scheduler.
- Expedite the contractor’s schedule updates and progress reporting on a weekly basis, review, check and audit physical progress in the field for each sub-contract is matching with the reported progress.
- Update the Company master schedules in EPPM on a weekly basis with activity completion and progress percent complete.
- Co-ordinate with the Project Mangers the preparation of the site weekly construction progress report and issue to Management as per the reporting timetables.
- Assist with the substantiation of any Extension of Time claims from the Contractor.
- Assist with the analysis of contractual claims against the Company.
- Provide input into the risk assessment processes.
- Assist other departments, including Operations and Maintenance and where necessary provide training and guidance with scheduling techniques and P6 EPPM setup and operation.
- More than 10 years’ experience in detailed construction project scheduling within an Oil & Gas brownfields operating environment.
- Experience working for both the Construction Contractor and Client organizations in a site construction environment.
- Expert knowledge of using Oracle Primavera EPPM version 16+
- Expert knowledge of Earned Value progress measure tools and techniques.
- Expert user in Primavera P6 EPPM
- Expert user of MS-Excel and skilled in the production of Earned Value Progress Measurement S-Curves.
- Competency in writing clear and concise weekly construction progress reports
- Requires a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Systematic organizer, including the verification, filing and archiving of inputs and history data used for the compilation and monitoring of the progress schedule
- High level of interpersonal skills, and ability to communicate with and manage information between the Project Team and stakeholders.
- Need to demonstrate enthusiasm to train and mentor other project users in scheduling concepts and techniques and with the use of Oracle P6 EPPM.
- Willing to work within a team environment, follow instructions and existing procedures, structures and systems
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process