MSELECT is looking to hire a QA/QC Manager for a general contracts and trading client in Erbil. Candidates must have a minimum 15 years of relevant experience, with 8 years as QA/QC Engineer. Fluency in English is a must, Kurdish and Arabic are pluses.
Scope of Work
Oversee our Quality Assurance team. Will be required to oversee all aspects of software and product testing within the company. This may include developing test strategies, drawing up test documents, identifying faults, and reviewing reports.
Should have extensive experience in analytics, high-level problem-solving skills, and the ability to project manage. A top-notch Senior QA/QC Engineer ensures the smooth running of the department and ultimately customer satisfaction.
- Meeting with the software/product designers to determine quality assurance parameters.
- Leading the QA team in designing QA test procedures.
- Overseeing the drafting of testing documents.
- Implementing testing procedures and overseeing the QA process.
- Troubleshooting quality issues and modifying test procedures.
- Conducting analysis checks on product specifications.
- Reviewing Quality Assurance reports.
- Ensuring the successful deployment of products into the market.
- Responding to requests from the design team and management.
- Travel is necessary to visit sites and staying on the project for a designated duration.
- Working hours are typically standard office hours, but strict deadlines mean longer hours, weekends and being on call are all possible and expected.
- Distribute relevant QA/QC documentation to site subcontractors
- Verify that the quality related site activities are in accordance with the applicable codes and standards
- Compete site quality control instructions and action remedial responses
- Monitor the implementation of the approved site QC Plan
- Assure all technical documents relative to site quality control are current status
- Ensures the quality records, acceptance certificates, mechanical completion certificates and the documentation for specific systems and buildings/areas are prepared and collated in accordance with project requirements
- Review suppliers’ inspection and test plans against the milestone scope of work
- Monitor and control the status of punch list and exception lists relevant to quality dossiers
- Attend the weekly QA/QC, and commissioning meetings
- Elaborating and coordinating the welding specifications, and codes/standards
- Coordination with the field subcontractors for all welding procedure specifications and procedures
- Review course and effects of welding defects and take remedial actions
- Coordination with the field subcontractors and the Third-Party NDT Inspection Company
- Review of the radiographic film and all NDT reports on a daily basis
- Auditing of the approved Third-Party NDT Inspection Company Reviewing the inspection and testing methods and procedures for Radiographic, Dye Penetrant, Magnetic Particle, and Ultrasonic inspections
- Witnessing of welder qualifications testing and procedures qualification testing
- Witnessing any remedial repair welding Checking the hydrostatic test packages for NDT compliance prior to testing
- Review work procedures and method statements for compliance with good work practices and the customers. The completion of QC site instructions and coordinate their closure the review of inspection test packages during the course of construction activities. Compliance with the site’s health and safety regulations
- Facilitate the coordination of required verification information between the Client Representative, Client and project personnel.
- Provide advice and guidance to the project delivery team on all matters of verification and regulatory compliance.
- Project Verification Plan and dependent systems and procedures are developed and implemented in compliance with the requirements of the Quality Management System (QMS) and Project Management System (PMS) consistent with specific location, regulatory and contractual requirements.
- Be familiar with the requisition requirements and equipment/material specifications.
- Be fully familiar with the verification and inspection release processes and ensure their compliance.
- Ensure all certification requirements are clearly identified, understood and included with the requisition and PO.
- Attend kick-off meetings with Supplier/Subcontractor (as appropriate).
- Review Supplier/Subcontractor Fabrication/Certification Dossiers (as appropriate). To participate (as necessary) in management visits/audits to Suppliers and Sub-contractors. Ensure that all necessary quality records are identified and retained in accordance with client and regulatory requirements.
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Product Management or relevant field.
- Proven experience of minimum 8 years as QA/QC Engineer
- Proven total experience of 15 years
- Proven experience in camp construction projects or residential complexes (200 men and more)
- Managerial experience preferred.
- High-level analytical skills.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Critical thinker.
- Ability to project manage.
- Proficient in MS Office software.
- Detail oriented.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.