MSELECT is looking to hire a Senior Design Coordinator for an international oil and gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum of 10 years of same experience in Oil and Gas Facilities. English fluency is a must.
- Receive and act general guidance, objectives and some specific work assignments from the Engineering Manager.
- Act as the technical authority and focal point for engineering issues related to coordination.
- On behalf of company take the responsibility throughout the engineering, procurement, construction installation and commissioning stages of the Surface Facilities Projects.
- Coordinate among Facility teams, in the company, with PMC and Contactors, Vendors and End users.
- To Work with Surface facility team members in developing a comprehensive workflow processes, tasks, and project assignments.
- Monitor project schedules, review and modify schedules based on Coordination information.
- Track production progress weekly and provide updates to the project team
- Participate in project meetings with customer to provide updates
- Work with supply chain, engineering and production to resolve issues during all phases of Project execution
- Interface with departments on-site inspection team as needed
- Receive and act work arrangement and in conjunction with the Engineering Manager assigns priorities.
- Design coordination for completeness with disciplines and relevant parties.
- Identify potential errors, omissions or risks in the design basis and participate in preparation of design.
- Identify problems needing the involvement of specialists, define and organize required specialist involvement.
- Assess impact of proposed technical changes in the discipline.
- Provide coordination input to involved parties for recommendations and further improvement.
- Keep Track for Technical quires and field design changes proposed by Contractors, End users and Surface facilities members.
- Attend all design review events with Project Management team and Vendors/Contractor as necessary.
- Assist in the development of technical solutions for areas of conflict or concern identified during design review.
- Support the project control to prepare plans and schedules.
- Participate in the technical workshop and technical reviewing meeting with Contractors and stack holders.
- Coordinate and Assist PMC and the contractor in developing/reviewing schedule corrective actions and recovery plans when progress slipping and ensures needed action plans are implemented.
- Work at site under company’s standard security policy.
- Provide and review material selection studies for new and existing facilities.
- Conduct other similar or related duties such as reviewing of project proposals; attending technical meetings; carrying out site visits.
- Comply with all relevant HSE management policies, procedures and controls to ensure a healthy and safe work environment.
- To visit Vendor / Contractors premises as per Engineering manager direction.
- Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures, and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
- Contribute to the preparation of clear, timely and accurate reports.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Frequent coordination with Company’s Engineer(s).
- Frequent coordination with other Team Leader(s).
- Frequent coordination with Operations Department.
- Frequent coordination with Construction Department.
- Regular coordination with PMC and Contractors.
- Frequent contacts with Instrument & Control Discipline Leaders of EPC Contractors and Long Lead Items (LLI) Vendors.
- Frequent visit to site and support site construction and production team.
- Regular coordination with PMC, EPC and LLI Contractor Management.
- Regular contacts with engineers of Suppliers and Contractors.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree of Mechanical/Chemical Engineering, Construction management or equivalent
- Formal, on?the?job training, or experience in project management
- Computer knowledge in Microsoft word, excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of drawing interpretation and materials
- Proven experience in oil and gas industry
- Working in tough situation
- Minimum of 10 years as same experience in Oil and Gas Facilities
- Work experience in the MENA Region; Iraq experience is preferred.
- Proven ability to perform in a leading capacity, possess good written and oral communications and presentation skills, and have a good understanding of industry practices and regulations.
- Good team player and forthcoming to support the section with additional task requests as necessary.
- Proactive and positive attitude willing to closely follow up and push issues to a successful resolution.
- Strong analytical, tactical and strategic thinking skills with a bias towards action.
- Self?Starter with strong work ethic, and great time management and communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Exercise good organizational and time management skills.
- Manage multiple projects of varying complexity
- Applies knowledge to general rules to specific problems to exercise critical thinking and Problem solving skills.
- Engineering Section Head
- Surface Facilities
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.